At Sterling, our people are our most valuable resource and our priority has always been to balance their health and well-being with the requirements of the business. This is more important than ever with the current Coronavirus Covid-19 situation and we are providing regular updates to our employees to do our best to provide some semblance of stability for them.
These are unprecedented times for us all and we acknowledge that we must take decisive action as part of our wider social responsibility.
We want to reassure you that we are following Government advice on a regular basis, including requirements for self-isolation.
Sterling are working to continue supporting you during this time and have taken appropriate steps. These include;
- Administrative staff are working from home. They have been setup with network access and all necessary equipment to ensure they can continue working as normal.
- Onsite employees – mainly production – have good working distances to minimise contact and we have increased these where possible.
- We have in place a strict cleaning regime with a trusted contractor, who have been very responsive in increasing high risk areas, including door handles and surfaces.
- Restricted visits to site to essential maintenance work only, introduced screening measures and additional controls for contractors on site.
- Deliveries and collections are carried out with minimal contact, with drivers asked to stay in their vehicles.
- High visibility messages for all employees regarding handwashing, and the provision of hand sanitisers at entrances and communal areas.
- Regular updates to employees through our Connect app – this enables us to communicate with them even when they aren’t on site and to ensure each specific group of employees receives messages and information relevant to them.
Throughout all these changes, one thing remains the same – our production facilities are ready and able. We have the capacity to produce 16 million A4 copies per day, as well as personalising and inserting hundreds of thousands of copies per day. Although it may be trite to say “business as usual” this is the current situation for us. We are proud of our employees, many of whom are multi-skilled and able to work in multiple areas of the business as needed.
As part of Sterling’s business continuity plan, we are in regular contact with suppliers regarding their own preparedness and the impact of the Government guidance on their business. So far, we have been assured of supply and that our trusted suppliers are able to continue meeting our requirements for production.
We know that things may change, so we are reviewing them on a daily basis. Please understand that, whilst we are doing all that we can to alleviate it, our employees are undoubtedly feeling the pressure of uncertainty. We ask that you are mindful of this in your interactions with them.